How did Holocaust perpetrators justify their actions to themselves? Conversely, how did Holocaust victims like Levi and Wiesel survive despite the incredible odds against them?
In your paper, explain:
1. the motivations of the Nazis in carrying out genocide,
2. how the Nazis were psychologically capable of murdering millions of people,
3. and how some of the people targeted for death survived despite the horrendous conditions of a place like Auschwitz.
Your answer should make use of any combination of the following sources:
1. the textbook,
2. the lectures,
3. the SS racial pamphlet,
4. Himmler’s Potsdam speech,
5. Levi’s Survival in Auschwitz
6. Wiesel’s Night
You are not required to use all of the above sources except for either Survival in Auschwitz or Night (i.e. you must use at least one of those books.) You are, of course, welcome and encouraged to use as many sources as you see fit