Focuses on people as strategic resources whose availability and capabilities influence organizational effectiveness. Strategies for attracting, assessing, acquiring and withdrawing personnel are studied. Implications of planning and implementing staffing policies are discussed.
III. LEARNING OUTCOMES
1) Explain the legal and regulatory factors that impact recruitment and selection decisions.
2) Discuss the selection and placement aspects of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act and identify the anti-discrimination requirements for implementing EEO and affirmative action plans.
3) Discuss the recruitment process and describe how to select internal and external sources to match the organization’s recruitment strategy.
4) Demonstrate an understanding of the selection process and explain how to design the appropriate selection strategies including the use of application forms, interviews, pre-employment testing, drug screening, and medical examinations.
5) Integrate career planning and development in order to accommodate both organizational and individual needs when designing career paths for employees.
6) Explain and integrate the core values of Integrity, Respect and a Sense of Community as related to staffing, recruitment and selection issues.