This is a Masters of Special Education course. I have uploaded a module overview of this weeks readings and expected outcomes along with the 3 chapters in PDF form. I have also uploaded the module assignment instructions for the discussion of weekly readings.
Module 3: Overview
Ready, set, communicate and collaborate! Understanding the necessary intrapersonal and interpersonal skills for effective communication and collaboration is the topic for Module 3. As part of this topic, we will learn more about how to engage in productive negotiation and problem solving.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
Discuss various ways communication can break down
Describe some strategies for facilitating effective communication, problem-solving, and negotiation
In addition to this week’s online material, you should complete the following reading this week.
Friend, M., & Cook, L. (2014.). Interactions: Collaboration skills for school professionals. New York: Longman, Chapters 2, 3, and 4.
Tasks This Week
This week, you will be expected to do the following:
Complete the weekly readings
Discuss the weekly readings
M3: Discussion on Weekly Readings
On this discussion, you will discuss the readings of Friend, M., & Cook, L. (2014.). Interactions: Collaboration skills for school professionals. New York: Longman, Chapters 2, 3, and 4 for this module. Within this week’s readings, multiple terms and concepts are defined and discussed. Complete the following:
1. Select a minimum of four terms or concepts.
2. Define and/or discuss the meanings of these terms and concepts in your own words.
3. Then, provide examples of how these terms and concepts have played out in your own professional career
– Respond to the initial tasks listed above by the due date
– Your response should be a minimum of four to six sentences in length
– Your response should include key terms, vocabulary, or concepts used in the chapters