– After reading up to the mid-way point of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, look for passages where the author describes place (place could be The Rez, Reardon, Wellpinit, interiors, basketball games, etc.) and time (time could be the date, time of day, season, etc.).
– If the passage(s) is relatively short, type it into your paper and share the page number. If it is long stretch of text, or is wrapped over several pages, you can just list the page numbers. In either case, make sure that you briefly summarize the action or what the passage refers to in the book.
– Analyze the passage you have selected by answering the questions below.
1. How does Sherman Alexie, the author, present space and time in meaningful ways in the passage from the book that you have selected. For example, how does the presentation of setting (place and time) influence how you understand characters, character motivation, plot or other symbolic elements?
2. Why you think Sherman Alexie, the author, made these choices of place and time? What do you think he is trying to communicate to you as the reader?
Please try to follow the directions correctly to answer the questions above. The paper should answer the questions based on the directions stated. you should’t write the questions again in the paper, but just answering them in paragraphs format. The selected passages should be from the first half-length of the book as stated above.