Answer the short answer responses questions below. Please give detailed responses from the text as well as outside sources and personal experiences after reading the chapter key points, PowerPoints attached.
1. What aspects of oral language do students need to develop effective reading skills?
2. What specific strategies would you recommend to early childhood educators or parents to development oral language facility?
3. Define phonemic awareness and describe how as a classroom teacher or prospective reading specialist/literacy coach you would assess this ability.
Part 2 (80 Words)
In a paragraph, write a brief reflection of the following two questions:
1. Why is phonological short-term memory assessed in most studies by asking students to repeat a series of nonwords?
2. Why is echo reading activity used to teach alphabetic knowledge and phonemic awareness of beginning sounds?
Jennings, J., Caldwell, J., & Lerner, J. (2014). Reading problems: Assessment and teaching strategies (7th ed.) Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon / Longman. ( ISBN ISBN-13: 978-0-13-38652-3)