• Students should answer the question prompt in a three page, double spaced essay
• The essay should draw upon evidence provided in the text. lecture.
• video, and primary source readings covered throughout the previous weeks class.
• Essays should conform to standard essay formatting-an intro with a strong, dear thesis several body paragraphs, and a concluding paragraph.
• Essays should be free of grammatical errors and should avoid using first person and conjunctions.
Johnson, M.P. (2012). Reading the American Past, Volume I: To 1877: Selected Historical Documents, Bedford/St. Martin’s
Roark, J.L., Johnson, M.P. & Cohen, P.C. et al. (2012). The American Promise, Volume I: A History of the United States: To 1877, Bedford/St. Martin’s