ABL Literature Paper – Guidelines and Rubric
Read 8 total articles on ABL and write a literature paper. Your paper should provide clear evidence of your understanding of the ABL literature and closely follow the rubric listed below.
– Read all articles carefully (5 assigned and 3 found on your own)!
– Double check that your paper meets each of the following specifications in the scoring rubric.
(1) Depth and specificity with your writing. All writing is thoughtful and detailed with evidence that the articles were read. Writing is in-depth and data is written about and analyzed. The writing should be clear and follow a logical writing pattern with correct grammar and punctuation. Provide examples (from the articles, KINE 310 texts, and/or past experiences) when necessary to help reader understand the key arguments made in your paper. Your paper should have a balance of ideas and/or data used in the article with thoughtful analysis from yourself based upon what you have read and reflected on.
(2) Pay close attention to the formatting of your paper. Provide typed work:
– That includes a thesis statement. Use sub-headings to organize paper and your thesis.
– That is double-spaced. With 1-inch margins and the article’s title at the top.
– That has print quality that is clear and dark with Times New Roman font size of 12.
– With the S’s name and date the paper is submitted on the top right hand side of the page.
– With citations when talking about data and include a reference page.
(3) Comprehension of the data found in the literature. The key in writing this paper is to cover the data found in the articles and then provide your interpretation of this data. Provide examples from KINE 310 material when necessary to help reader understand key concepts. You can use the following questions to help guide your writing; however, this paper is not about merely answering these questions.
-What were the main ideas/concepts and or research findings covered? Please paraphrase the datum and reference page numbers.
– What conclusions or implications were found from the studies?
– How or in what way does the data/findings or conceptual writing inform or heighten your understanding of ABL or topics related to ABL?
(4) Write papers at 2500-3000 words in length. Write-ups less than 2500 words will not be given credit for this objective; hence the highest possible score would be 7% out of 10%.
_____ 20% = Demonstrated exemplary work in meeting all 4 objectives
_____ 18% = Demonstrated a thorough understanding of all 4 objectives
_____ 16% = Demonstrated an adequate understanding of all 4 objectives
_____ 14% = Demonstrated an adequate understanding of 3 of the objectives
_____ 10% = Demonstrated an adequate understanding of 2 of the objectives
_____ 0 = Demonstrated inadequate understanding of the objectives
High standards of academic integrity are expected. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will be dealt with according to guidelines from CSUSM.