Before you begin crafting your discussion response for this week, be sure to read required materials and watch Episode Two of the Designing Healthy Communities PBS miniseries. These episodes are designed to work with the readings to give you a broad understanding of the topics that we discuss in class.
Take a look at the importance of strong leadership and planning in both Charleston and Elgin and answer the following questions:
- Who were the important players, or partners, in these cities?
- How did their leadership succeed?
- How did their leadership fail?
- What were the long-term goals for each city’s revival?
- Describe your thoughts on the successes and failures in both cities.