Please use the following as your primary reference…
Kerin, R., & Peterson, R. (2013). Strategic marketing problems: Cases and comments (13th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
For this assignment, read the case study, “Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.-Energy Beverages,” beginning on page 91 of your textbook. Once you have read and reviewed the case scenario, respond to the following questions with thorough explanations and well-supported rationale.
1. What would be the challenges associated with Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. extending their product offering to include an energy beverage?
2. Analyze the energy beverage market extending your research beyond the textbook. Is this a growing market? Contrast the domestic and global markets.
3. Explain how the determined pricing strategy would have a significant impact on profitability. Include discussion on retail pricing, expected unit volume, and margins.
4. Take on the role of marketing manager at Dr. Pepper. Identify several alternatives to overcome these challenges. Looking at these possible alternatives, which would you select and why?
5. Your response should be a minimum of two pages in length, double-spaced. References should include your textbook plus a minimum of one additional credible reference. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations per APA guidelines.