This assignment should be presented in essay format, with a clear introduction and conclusion. You should avoid use of the 1st and 2nd person and use an appropriately formal academic style, avoiding contractions (e.g., don’t, won’t, etc.) and informal or spoken forms of language. Essays do not typically use headings and sub-headings.
Be sure not to identify any individual or organisation directly or by implication in your work (NMC, 2015). Equally, unless crucial to the argument and/or where the information is already in the public domain, refer to organisations only in the most general terms, e.g., an NHS trust.
This assignment tests the following Learning Outcomes for the module:
1. Develop a critical understanding of research, its role and its influence on the development of evidence-based practice in health and social care.
3. Demonstrate an in-depth of long term conditions and their impact on people their family and significant others.
4. Appraise research and best practice evidence to underpin nursing care for people with long-term conditions and care management approaches in diverse community settings.
This is a 2,000 word essay which is a critical evaluation of a research paper relevant to the field of study.
You are expected to:
Identify a research study from the selection of papers found on the NS501 BlackBoard shell within the Assignment Folder. The papers will be uploaded during week 5 of the module.
You will be expected to critique the identified research paper using a recognised critiquing tool which you are expected to include as an appendix; you must also reference the tool according to the Harvard referencing System.
The essay should include:
1. Introduction – Clear indication of the research paper selected and the critiquing tool.
2. Critical evaluation of the research paper systematically utilising the identified critiquing tool.
3. Analysis of the research findings and the implications (or not) for clinical practice and Public Health.
4. Conclusion – A summary of the main findings