Physics: The Scientific Method paper
The scientific method is useful in problem solving and decision-making in a wide variety of fields. In this assignment, you will demonstrate how to use the scientific method to make decisions and solve problems in your field of study or everyday life.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Explain the scientific method and describe the overall manner in which you would apply it in your field of study or everyday life.
- Identify a specific problem often faced in your field of study or everyday life. Research your problem and assess your data / research. Examples of such problems could be:
- Developing a new product that is superior to competitor’s brands; or
- Establishing a price for a new product using the law of supply and demand;
- Information Systems and Technology
- The use of personal electronic devices for work purpose, or
- Determining in the most cost-effective computer for your business;
- Criminal Justice
- The reliability of eyewitness testimony, or
- Determining what evidence is revealing to you about a crime;
- Everyday life
- Selecting a particular brand of detergent, or
- Determining the most cost efficient transportation/route for your commute.
- Propose one (1) testable hypothesis to explain / solve the problem. State the expected outcomes of your actions and include criteria for determining whether or not these actions would succeed. Note: Your hypothesis should be stated very precisely.
- Describe the main actions that you intend to put into place to test your hypothesis that you proposed in Question 3. Describe the way in which you would evaluate the success of your program. Include the results that you would deem as a success and the results that would be considered a failure.