Assume you were assigned the task of conducting a thorough investigation. Analyzing evidence from the scenario and using research from your course readings, complete a 6- to 8-page comprehensive report of the situation:
- Identify the type of computer crime that may have occurred. Make sure to include an explanation of all computer components that are involved.
- Describe the procedures that you would take to preserve the computer evidence at the scene.
- Describe and sketch the scene.
- Describe whom would you speak to or interview.
- List what investigative questions you would ask the witnesses, victims, and perpetrator.
- Explain other procedures you may take in order to investigate this case.
- Outline the approximate timeline of events.
- Describe what the witnesses saw or heard.
- Describe the entities that were contacted.