1. As the authors explain in Chapter 2, “The Founding and the Constitution,” the Constitution can be changed by formal, as well as informal, means. Complete the following assignment:
- Describe the formal amendment process, as put forth in Article V of the Constitution and explain why the founders chose those rules for formally amending the Constitution.
- Provide an explanation of the informal process of amending the Constitution.
- Define “loose construction” and “strict construction” methods of constitutional interpretation, and describe how each perspective aligns with formal versus informal methods of change.
- Explain whether you favor a method of loose construction or strict construction of the Constitution. Identify what you view as the benefits of your perspective.