Directions: Responses must be typed in 12 point font, double-spaced with 1 inch margins.
MLA is required for outside sources, not the texts (readings). Answers should be a mixture
of summary and analysis.
1. Analyze how The Epic of Gilgamesh or The Odyssey is an epic. 10 points
2. Discuss hospitality in The Odyssey or Medea. 10 points
3. Explain the interaction of gods/goddesses and humans in 2 of the following works: The Epic
of Gilgamesh, The Odyssey, and Metamorphoses. 15 points.
4. Discuss how biblical story of Joseph differs from The Koran’s? What is the significance of
the differences? 15 points.
5. Describe how 5 out of 11 Aristotle’s tragedy themes appear in Antigone and Medea (you can
pick the same 5 tragic themes to describe both if you choose). 25 points
Pick one of the following:
6. Analyze how Antigone, Medea, and Lysistrata are or are not feminist works. 25 points
7. Discuss how predestination appears or doesn’t appear in the Gilgamesh, The Odyssey and
Metamorphoses. 25 points
Extra Credit up to 10 points:
8. Out of all the characters from the works so far, who do you think is the most compelling or
fascinating character and why?
I would like to include the extra credit as well.